10km Run ….. 5km Run …. 5km Walk
2018 Princess Run is back & proudly sponsored by Work Clobber Bunbury, a short run for little Princesses <8yrs (must be accompanied by adult).
Event will be held after main race, gold coin donation, register on day or at bib pick up.
Entries- 10km $35, 5km $30, juniors $10 each (plus fees: Register Now $1.10 + 2.75% payment fee)
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE 5pm THURSDAY 2nd August
NO ENTRIES AVAILABLE AFTER THIS
Event Shirts will be available to purchase with registrations only until 01/07/18.
Race Starts 8am : Event briefing 7:45am
2018 Course 5km lap around Inlet in a Clockwise direction. 10 km = 2 laps. Map
- Event packs can be collected on Saturday 4th August 10am-1pm (TBC) at Vestrum (above Blood Bank) cnr Forrest Ave & Blair St
Free 6 week Training commences Tuesday 26th June – Please enter prior to training.
- Tuesday nights at 5.15 for 5.30pm start on the Recreation Ground – Bunbury Runners Club on Ocean Drive.
This is an interval session and all levels are catered for.
- Thursday nights – same venue and time – is a road run/walk done with the members of the Runners Club covering all distances 3-10km
- Saturday mornings – try to run longer around home with friends, 30 minutes or longer, suggestions on Training page
Please remember our beneficiary South West Refuge.
Donations are greatly appreciated. They may be brought to training or on Bib Pick up day:* Bras, Underwear & Socks in sml (8-12) Ladies & kids sizes
* Thongs (ladies & kids)
This is the 12th running of the Women’s Fun Run & Walk conducted by the Bunbury Runners Club Inc. & proudly sponsored by Major Sponsor: Vestrum Obstetrics & Gynaecology.The course is around the scenic Leschenault Inlet.Venue:Starting & Finishing opposite the Bunbury Entertainment Centre on Blair Street. General:
- Electronic timing will be used for the running elements of this event
- NO LATE OR ON DAY ENTRIES
- ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY
- No dogs, No wheels (eg bikes, scooters or skateboards)
- Prams welcome
- Minimum age for participants is 8yrs for 5km walk/run and 14yrs for 10km run
- We donate the majority of our proceeds to charity groups therefore refunds are not available.
- Event packs can be collected on Saturday 4th August 10am-1pm at Vestrum (upstairs from Blood Bank)
- Those packs not picked up on Saturday will need to be collected at the venue on race day priorto the start- so allow time for this
- A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to local charity’s: South West Women’s Refuge & Waratah
- Award presentations will be conducted as soon as possible after the last competitor has completed the course and the results are finalised (approx 10.00am)
- Spot prizes will be drawn using race numbers, however participants must be present to be eligible to claim any prizes on offer
This year we welcome back our major naming rights sponsor:
This program is to assist you with a longer Saturday Run
All Runs start where the Fun Run starts – on the Inlet Foreshore opposite the Entertainment Centre, or pick your favourite route around home.
6 WEEK – 5 KM Beginners Program Saturday Long Run..
WEEK 1 3km Walk 2min/ Run 2min Loop around Caravan Park.
WEEK 2 3km Walk 2 min/ Run 4 min Loop around Caravan Park.
WEEK 3 4km Walk 1 min/ Run 4 min CV Park/Barbados/Vat 2
WEEK 4 4km Walk 1min/ Run 4 min as above (opp direction)
WEEK 5 5km Walk 1min / Run 4 min Fun Run Course around inlet.
WEEK 6 5km FUN RUN
6 WEEK 10km Program – Saturday Longer Run
(Assume doing 5km already)
(all runs can be done in either direction)
WEEK 1 5km Walk 2min/ Run 2min 1 Lap Fun Run Course (Anti-Clockwise)
WEEK 2 6km Walk 2 min/ Run 4 min 1 Lap + Barbados/Vat2/Victoria St (Clockwise)
WEEK 3 7km Walk 1 min/ Run 4 min 1 lap inlet incl Dolphin centre/ Barbados/jetty/cycle path to BRC/ Upper Espl/Princep St
WEEK 4 8km Walk 1min/ Run 4 min 1 lap Caravan Park + 1 lap Inlet (clockwise)
WEEK 5 9km Walk 1min / Run 4 min 1 lap inlet + 1 lap CV park+ Barbados/Vat2/Vic st
WEEK 6 10km FUN RUN